On idleness and relaxation
Any wanderer must take the Walker’s Decalogue to heart:
1. Don’t pack your troubles in your rucksack.
2. Don’t grouse at the weather.
3. Don’t miss opportunities of friendship with man or beast.
4. Don’t walk half a yard in front of your companion.
5. Don’t overfeed your body.
6. Don’t starve your mind.
7. Don’t overwork your legs.
8. Don’t lose your temper if you lose your way.
9. Don’t leave anything behind you except a good impression.
10. Don’t take away anything except pleasant memories.
But since this is TMI, just stick to the motto of the Baltimore Grotto:
“Take nothing but pictures.
Leave nothing but footprints.
Kill nothing but time.”
This photo was taken along the trail going to Tirad Pass. This very much sums up what I want at this very moment.